KSL have over 12 years experience supplying equipment into automotive market. Our products are principally used on hybrid, battery, fuel cell and other low emissions transport, principally medium to large buses and commercial vehicles. Products fall into two categories:
- Compressed air systems. We work with a leading vane compressor manufacturer to supply systems tailored to meet the exacting needs of our customers. Air flows are available from 100 l/min to 500 l/min (1 kW to 5 kW) and pressures up to 13 bar.
- Power steering pump systems. KSL has a range of power steering pumps which feature a compact integrated design which minimises the total space envelope and the number external connections. The design incorporates filtration and a reservoir and, thanks to its unique construction, is exceptionally quiet. By combining pump displacement with operating speed virtually all steering pressure and flow requirements can be met.
Compressor and pumps are usually electrically powered and can be supplied with or without inverter drive. Variable speed inverter drives offer the ability to introduce smart operating regimes which keep energy consumption to an absolute minimum. Systems can be powered from:
- 230V to 480V AC
- 24V to 800V DC
A range of options are available including:
- Support frames and anti-vibration mountings
- Remote or integrate inlet air filtration
- Safety protection including temperature sensors, oil level switches, pressure sensors
- Combined compressor and steering pump packages.
If you wish to discuss your specific compressed air and steering pump requirements please contact us.